[b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron

Stoney Breyer stoneyb at touchwood.net
Fri Jul 2 09:39:36 EDT 2004

GFS: I'm sure you know that Benjamin BiN:YfMIN meant "Southern."
They were "rednecks."  :-)  Just kidding, all you U.S. southerners.

SB: Actually, rednecks aren't exclusively Southerners (in my generation
we still capitalize it), but any rural population whose necks are
sunburned from long days bending over the plow.

GFS:It does, however, refer to the south.

SB: Does it? In light of their consistent characterization mightn't the
b'nei Yamin be banditti calling themselves something like 'Sons of the
Strongarm' - and denoting their elite as something like the Masonic
'handfast'?

Stoney Breyer
Writer
Touchwood, Inc.