[b-hebrew] Re: Compound Words in Hebrew

Eduard C Hanganu eddhanganu at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 08:27:01 EDT 2004

Hi!

The Hebrew word in Daniel 8:11 which was translated "daily sacrifice" in KJV
and NIV and "regular burnt offering"in NRS is TAMID. Does TAMID cover only
the morning-evening in the earthly sanctuary, or the evening-morning ? I
understand TAMID to mean the round-the-clock service in the sanctuary, both
morning-evening and evening-morning. I also understand that EREB-BOQUER in
Daniel 8:14 refers to the same TAMID which was taken away by the little horn
and is restored after 2300 TAMIDS - or SANCTUARY DAYS which includes the
regular morning and evening lambs, the regular lamp burning at night, and
everything else that happened in the Sanctuary service - the TAMID. If you
do a search on the word TAMID in the BHS you will see that TAMID covers
every aspect of the sanctuary service- the CONTINUAL or ROUND THE CLOCK.

As all translations are interpretations, the fact that the Septuagint and
the Theodotion translators translated EREB-BOQUER as "DAYS" is interesting
to note, but of little value when one attempts to understand the meaning of
the original text.

Regards,

Eduard