[b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron 12.2

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Fri Jul 2 00:16:45 EDT 2004

The recent thread on Goliath made me think of this passage.  It is
interesting in that it specifically mentions that the Benjaminites are
left-handed.  It might be significant that they were left-handed if they
were simply infantry fighting with a spear or sword.  Once a shot leaves
the sling or an arrow the bow, however, does it really matter whether the
one acting is right- or left-handed?  Why would this be specifically
mentioned?  I realize this isn't really a b-hebrew type question, but my
curiosity was arroused.

george
gfsomsel