[b-hebrew] Yam Suph "Reed" Sea - Seaweed

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Tue Jan 27 10:42:41 EST 2004

Dear Peter,

>Maybe you have the corrected edition. I have the Hendrickson reprint of
>the original edition, which lists only Ex 2:3,5 and Is 19:6 under "rushes".

HH: Yes, this is the edition of G. R. Driver, from 1951. He says,

The present reprint of the Hebrew Lexicon is a mere re-issue in which only
small corrections, which can be made in the sheets without resetting, have
been incorporated; but they are many hundreds in number.

So it just depends what we mean by BDB.

				Yours,
				Harold Holmyard