[b-hebrew] Re: Hebrew transliteration (Lance Petersen)

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Thu Jan 22 06:00:18 EST 2004

On 21/01/2004 22:38, Karl Randolph wrote:

>This is a little off topic, but the tie in is the unicode reading of text. It is only a matter of time before people read more comfortably on screen than on paper. CRTs are the hardest to read, but I find a LCD screen often easier to read (at least the ones that I worked with) than paper under flourescent lighting, and I hear that prototypes of the LED screens are even better. Most of the printing I see is for people who did not grow up with computers. I just asked my 16 year old son, and he claims he prefers to read text on screen. He wishes his college textbooks were electronic.
>
>So electronic presentation on screen will be read, even long documents. That’s how I read Tanakh.
>
>Karl W. Randolph.

Agreed. I am waiting for an electronic novel which I can take to bed
with me.

In case some people think I am being sarcastic, I am not. I am thinking
of something like a PDA but with a screen as big as its body, the size
of a small book page and very high quality, and a user interface
allowing pages to be "turned" very easily, plus a way to upload into it
e-books (and probably everything else in a good PDA). That should be
almost as easy to read as a book, even in bed.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/