[b-hebrew] HBL in extrabiblical literature

Maurice A. O'Sullivan mauros at iol.ie
Tue Jan 13 14:19:45 EST 2004

At 18:23 13/01/2004, Kimmo Huovila wrote:

>Does anyone have resources to produce a list of occurrences of the root HBL
>(whether verbal or nominal) outside the Bible? I am mostly interested in
>Mishna and earlier literature.

You might like to start with:
Jastrow, Marcus, ed. Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli, and
Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature. New York: Judaica Press, 1985.

And the good news is that every page of it is available on-line:

http://www.cwru.edu/UL/preserve/Etana/JAST.DICv1/JAST.DICv1.html

mauros at iol.ie