[b-hebrew] Proverbs 5:16 - a declaration or a question ?

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Thu Dec 30 17:11:41 EST 2004

Dear Karl,

>I never claimed that the verb is a second person imperative, rather
>it is third person plural. I already mentioned that in a previous
>message.

HH: I quote your earlier email:

That would make the translation "Be dispersed away from your eyes
outwards into the broad streets (broad areas?) the channels of water",

HH: If you meant to give a third person jussive, you did not really
succeed. I suppose you mean:

May the channels of water be dispersed away from your eyes outwards
into the broad streets.

HH: The word M(YNTYK seems incorrect as a plural of eyes, while it is
perfect as a plural of "spring." The plural of "eyes" would not have
the T in it, as far as I can tell. The form would be M(YNYK.

					Yours,
					Harold Holmyard