[b-hebrew] Isaiah 9:6 Wonderful Counselor

Charles Rempel CharlesR at mygalaxyexpress.com
Thu Dec 30 10:13:50 EST 2004

The words for Wonderful Counselor in Isaiah 9:6 are translated without a
comma in the NASB and with a comma in KJV. I haven't learned the conventions
for writing Hebrew here, so I'll just say that the word for Wonderful is a
common noun masculine singular and the the word for counselor is Qal
participle masculine singular. I know that th Qal participle is used in a
nominative sense and so could be translatd as a separate characteristic of
Christ. Is there anything which would contribute to translating one way or
the other?

Charles D. Rempel
Intermittent Student for 26 years.
Without Portfolio