[b-hebrew] Proverbs 5:16 - a declaration or a question ?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Dec 29 22:28:36 EST 2004

Harold:

Ignore other translations and traditions, what are the grammatical reasons not to read:

M(YNTYK as a simple plural of (YN meaning eyes? Almost all the time (YN is in dual. But is it not a feminine noun, so the simple plural would end in -WT ? Correct me if I am wrong.

That would make the translation "Be dispersed away from your eyes outwards into the broad streets (broad areas?) the channels of water", in other words a poetic way of saying not to look at other sources, so within the context not to be looking at other women?

Karl W. Randolph.