[b-hebrew] epexegetical imperfect

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Dec 27 22:10:40 EST 2004

C Meadows:

The English use of the participle is different than the Hebrew. While the translation that you mention is an acceptable one (providing the rest of the verse is carefully translated), in Hebrew the participle often refers back to the actor, hence many nouns have the same form as participles. In Hebrew, a participle would not fit.

Karl W. Randolph.