[b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Dec 24 13:25:04 EST 2004

Can we cool this discussion?

For the record, I believe that the authors listed were the authors of record. That is a matter of faith, as in order to prove it, one would need to find the original autographs which, we all would agree, is very, very, very unlikely given the perishable materials they were written on and the time span involved.  To disprove the authorship claims, one would need to find contemporary documents contesting the authorship claims and/or the existance of the perported authors. Again, such a find is very, very, very unlikely for the reasons given above. Even the find of corrobating material is very unlikely.

Given the above, arguing the question of authorship is not profitable, as such can never come to a conclusion.

Karl W. Randolph.