[b-hebrew] Re; authorship (was something else)

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Dec 24 12:55:32 EST 2004

Liz:

To be consistant, he doesn't need Jesus to be a historical character, at least not the Jesus of the New Testament.

But what makes me and other people question is how he can be a prof at a school that from its doctrinal statement implies that it accepts all these personages as historical figures, and he denies it. Furthermore, the text, as it stands (as originally penned or later redacted, can't tell), claims that these people existed in history.

Whether one accepts (believes) the text or not is a different question from what the text itself claims. The second question is a subject of b-hebrew, the first I think should be off the table.

Karl W. Randolph.