[b-hebrew] Ramesses is Pi-Ramesse ?

Walter R. Mattfeld mattfeld12 at charter.net
Fri Dec 24 12:50:35 EST 2004

I have recently revised an earlier article of the Exodus' Rameses being
Pi-Ramesse of Rameses II, identified by some scholars with Tell ed-Dab'a and
Qantir in the eastern Delta.

What's "new" ? I have _finally come to accept_ that Professor Kenneth A.
Kitchen is CORRECT about the Iron IA settlement of Canaan's High Lands being
the evidence of an Exodus from Pi-Ramesse (cf. K.A. Kitchen. _On the
Reliability of the Old Testament_. 2003. William B. Eerdmans).

For those "interested" in my _recent_ CONVERSION (this week) to Kitchen's
arguments cf. the following article

http://www.bibleorigins.net/RamesesMapAvaris.html

Regards, Walter