[b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Fri Dec 24 12:48:05 EST 2004

On 24/12/2004 17:41, Jim West wrote:

> At 12:38 PM 12/24/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Jim West Wrote:
>> > I dont have to prove they exist.  The person who does believe they
>> exist
>> > bears the burden of proof.
>> >
>> > Jim
>> Dear Jim,
>> Perhaps you'd like to offer some proof that Jesus existed?
>

> Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, the catholic letter writers,
> Josephus, Tacitus.

To be the devil's advocate for a moment: None of them contemporaries.
Several of them possibly pseudonymous, and the authorship of any of them
is unprovable. The last two at least extant only in much later MSS with
clear Christian interpolation.

So what makes these better evidence than that of nearly every Hebrew
Bible book that Abraham and Moses existed?

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/