[b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

George F Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Fri Dec 24 13:25:14 EST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:39:41 +0000 Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya.org>
writes:
> On 24/12/2004 16:45, George F Somsel wrote:

> >I'm not sure that we are on the same wave-length.  What are a few
> of
> >those you would deem to be fictional?  Moses? David?  Solomon?
> Jeremiah?
> >Isaiah?  Or are you speaking of some other names?
> >
> Jim wrote, only about four hours ago but many messages ago:
>
> > as to Nehemiah- he's as fictional as Moses and Abraham; and
> fictional
> > people don't write books, they are the subject of them.

Yes, but I want more than one name.  I want to get a feel for just where
he's headed with this.

BTW:  Regarding the exchange on "verbal-plenary inspiration" -- in the
link regarding the church (one church?) which supports the school (of 2
professors) it is indicated that the church is Southern Baptist.  If I'm
not greatly mistaken, they are quite firm in holding this view.

george
gfsomsel