[b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Dec 24 00:31:25 EST 2004

Jim:

Several of the books mention that they are the works of the person named at the beginning of the book. Jeremiah actually mentioned that he hired a scribe (secretary) to write down what he dictated, and when the scribe was no longer available, he wrote himself. The books are clearly naming authors, whether or not you accept the named author is a different story.

For example, Tolstoy is listed as the author of "War and Peace". You can either accept that attribution as being correct, or claim that some annonymous writer or writers wrote it instead. Even if you claim the latter, that does not negate the attribution to Tolstoy, it merely says that you disagree with that attribution.

Likewise, you cannot deny that there is a claimed author listed for many books in Tanakh, all you can say is that you disagree with the claim.

Karl W. Randolph.