[b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Thu Dec 23 19:55:02 EST 2004

At 07:37 PM 12/23/2004, you wrote:

>I just have to say something here.  Like you folks, I have always heard that
>Moses wrote Genesis, but if Moses did so, how come he wrote two great light
>instead calling them by name, the sun and moon.  Moses knew their names but
>apparently the writer didn't know.  It must have been written by Adam
>prior to
>given them their names.

huh?  Now where do you get the notion that Adam wrote anything?  It most
certainly is not from the Hebrew Bible.  So whence comes this notion?  For
suggesting on a number of occasions that you only know what scripture tells
you, you sure seem privy to information not known to anyone else.

Best

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies