[b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com
Thu Dec 23 19:37:05 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/23/2004 5:35:57 PM Central Standard Time,
peterkirk at qaya.org writes:

> The tradition that Moses wrote Genesis is certainly an ancient one. I
> don't know how ancient, can anyone tell us? It is implicit but not
> explicit in the New Testament. And I agree that it is not in the text of
> the book itself.

Hello Capt. Kirk,

I just have to say something here.  Like you folks, I have always heard that
Moses wrote Genesis, but if Moses did so, how come he wrote two great light
instead calling them by name, the sun and moon.  Moses knew their names but
apparently the writer didn't know.  It must have been written by Adam prior to
given them their names.  Genesis 15:12 is the first time "sun" is used, and in
connection with Abram.  Why then?
I'm hoping Capt. Kirk can tell me(<:~

Doug Pickrel
Tejas Valley