[b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Thu Dec 23 17:22:29 EST 2004

Vadim:

What about XNML,  XSPS, XCCR, XRGL, XR+M, XRM$, X$ML and I don't know how many more, just from looking at a few pages of the dictionary.

As for the triliteral root, that is a medieval invention, during which time they added a medial yod or waw to many biliteral roots, and I wonder how many doubled ayins roots are really biliteral roots lengthened to make a triliteral root?

And another thing, I now think that it is very likely that Hebrew originally had every letter a CV, a consonant followed by a vowel.

Karl W. Randolph.