[b-hebrew] logograms--an ode to Hebrew

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Thu Dec 23 12:08:08 EST 2004

Always!

Hi Peter,
I think he was reacting against GJohn 1:1 and giving priority to
the torah as written word rather than as in GJohn 1:1 which (I think)
gives priority to the spoken word.
But I really have no idea. And if Derrida hadn't been Jewish, I wouldn't
have thought of this at all.
I don't remember the context in which I read this either.
Best,
Liz
lizfried at umich.edu