[b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Wed Dec 22 20:30:44 EST 2004

On 23/12/2004 01:19, Jim West wrote:

> At 05:43 PM 12/22/2004, you wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 12/22/2004 3:40:49 PM Central Standard Time,
>> kwrandolph at email.com writes:
>>
>> Jim, I must agree with George in as much as Hebrews has Paul's
>> signature at
>> the end as he does in all his letter.  Paul wrote,  2 Thess 3:17&18,
>> I, Paul,
>> write this greeting with my own hand, and this is a distinguishing
>> mark in
>> every letter; this is the way I write...."  You do the math.   This
>> same mark is
>> found at the conclusion of Hebrews.
>

> Paul didn't write Hebrews or 2 Thessalonians.  In fact the only thing
> he wrote was
> Romans
> 1-2 Cor
> Gal
> Phil
> Philemon
> 1 Thess
>
> The rest are by his students or heirs.  But this really is a NT topic
> and this is a Hebrew forum.

Indeed this is off topic. But I can't let you get away with presenting
as fact the purely speculative results of one school of theologians.
None of these authorship issues are at all clear. So let's stop making
dogmatic statements in any direction.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/