[b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Wed Dec 22 17:31:31 EST 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 14:39, Karl Randolph wrote:
> The way I heard it, Hebrews was a collaborative work between Paul and Luke:
> Paul supplied the ideas, Luke is excellent use of the Greek language.
> Sorry, I can't supply sources, other than to say that it supposedly got the
> information from tradition.

That's a new one on me, and I suspect on most all of the group.

> Did Paul think more as a Greek or Hebrew? Seeing as he was brought up in
> Jerusalem probably since his bar mitzvah, it could very well be that he was
> more Hebrew thinking than Greek. There's a hint even that Joseph who
> carried Jesus' cross may have been Paul's father.

Actually, Paul seems to indicate that much of his upbringing took place in his
home town of Tarsus.  He was educated under Gamaliel at some point, but I
doubt it was "since his bar mitzvah."  As for Joseph, I wasn't aware that
Arimathea was a synonym for Tarsus.

And while I'm on the subject, aren't we a little off subject here?

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur