[b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com
Wed Dec 22 16:17:44 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/22/2004 2:55:43 PM Central Standard Time,
jwest at highland.net writes:

> Pardon me but how do you know what they knew or did not know medically?  Do
> you not think that simple observation would have led them to know when to
> do things and when not to?  Or did God have to tell them when to plant
> crops too?  How stupid were they?  By the way, I don't think they were
> stupid at all.  In fact I think many ancient Israelites were a sight
> smarter than lots of people today.

I only know what Scripture says, and Gen. 17:11-12 is where God gives the
instructions to circumcise on the  eighth day,  "You must circumcise the flesh of
your foreskin, and that will be the sign of the covenant between myself and
you.  As soon as he is eight days old, every one of your males, generation
after generation, must be circumcised, including slaves born within the household
or bought from a foreigner not of your descent."  God told them "on the eighth
day" so that boys would not bleed to death is my understanding.  Otherwise
circumcision could be performed at any time and any  where they choose.
Circumcision is what caused a major arguement between Moses and his bride and she
called him a "bloody bridgroom."

Doug Pickrel
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, TX