[b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Wed Dec 22 15:54:55 EST 2004

At 03:39 PM 12/22/2004, you wrote:

>They didn't know that the blood clotted after the eight day and that's when
>boys were circumcised.  How did they know to circumcise on that day?

Pardon me but how do you know what they knew or did not know medically?  Do
you not think that simple observation would have led them to know when to
do things and when not to?  Or did God have to tell them when to plant
crops too?  How stupid were they?  By the way, I don't think they were
stupid at all.  In fact I think many ancient Israelites were a sight
smarter than lots of people today.

>God knew
>and He instructed likewise.  Likewise, God knew about the human seed and egg
>long before man and sciencel figured it out, remember the prophesy to Daniel:
>"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the
>time of
>the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."  Dan.
>12:4.  Both prophesies are being fulfilled today, within the past Century.

Huh?  What does the second part of your statement have to do with the first?

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
Quartz Hill School of Theology