[b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com
Tue Dec 21 19:04:51 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/21/2004 5:35:10 PM Central Standard Time,
peterkirk at qaya.org writes:

> So, if Mary provided the seed and only males provide seed, does that
> make Mary hermaphrodite, both male and female?

No, it does not.  It means that God planned ahead and He provided the seed.
And it means exactly what it says, "zera`".  No matter how you slice it, the
woman provides the egg and the male provides the "zera'."   In the case of Gen
3:15 God has shown His intent to provide a woman with a seed, a virgin birth.
 An hermaphrodite does not necessarily produce seed.  Peterkirk, I didn't
write Genesis 3:15, God did.  If you have a problem with this promise from God,
take it up with Him.

Doug Pickrel
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, TX