[b-hebrew] Genesis 3:15 and order of ideas

Sesamo m. sesamox at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 05:13:18 EST 2004

Gen 3:15
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and
her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

I remember having heard when I was a child that though the chronological
order of events is inverted (first the serpent "bruises" the woman's seed
"heel" and then the Seed bruises the serpent head destroing it), in Hebrew
sometimes the most important event is mentioned first, and that's why the
order of events in this verse is inverted.
Was there any truth in that statement?

Thanks.
Sergio