[b-hebrew] Re: g(r Psa. 106:9

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Sat Dec 18 09:30:56 EST 2004

Dear list,

HH; First, the text does not say that the
chariots became stuck in the mud. It says God
make the chariot wheels come off so that it was
difficult to steer the chariots:

Ex. 14:25 He made the wheels of their chariots
come off so that they had difficulty driving. And
the Egyptians said,  "Let's get away from the
Israelites! The LORD is fighting for them against
Egypt."

HH: There is no mention of mud. While that is a
possible explanation, God may have directly
caused the wheels to come off.

HH: Second, the idea that this is not a miracle
contradicts the Bible. The Bible repeats again
and again that these events are miraculous:

Ex. 10:1 ¶ Then the LORD said to Moses,  "Go to
Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the
hearts of his officials so that I may perform
these miraculous signs of mine among them
Ex. 10:2 that you may tell your children and
grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the
Egyptians and how I performed my signs among
them, and that you may know that I am the LORD."

HH: Third, it is quite obvious that all the Egyptians died, the whole army:

Ex. 14:28 The water flowed back and covered the
chariots and horsemen - the entire army of
Pharaoh that had followed the Israelites into the
sea. Not one of them survived.

					Yours,
					Harold Holmyard