Fwd: [b-hebrew] Re: g(r Psa. 106:9 - exorcism? (B. M. Rocine)

Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com
Thu Dec 16 14:45:02 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/16/2004 1:28:35 PM Central Standard Time,
jwest at highland.net writes:

> >Legends endure, and among the working cast and slaves Yam Soph really looked
> >like the end of the world from where the sit.  Many thought of escape and
> the
> >reply was always "That's the end of the world.'"  If you examine the
> southern
> >shores of the Great Sea you will see a bay at the beginning of the Red Sea,
> >many reeds grow there and it would be deep enough that God could have
> >performed
> >the miracle and drowned the Egyptians.  I lived near the Chesapeake Bay and
> >one year in the 70's a great wind blew all the water out of the bay so
> >that one
> >could walk across.  Boats were docked on mud.  Three thousand five hundred
> >years ago the Great Sea had a much different shape then now.
>
> The problem with this naturalistic explanation, of course, is that the
> author of Exodus makes it quite explicit that they walked across on dry
> ground.  Dry ground, not mud.  The event can't be explained by similar
> phenomena; Exodus makes sure of that.
>
> Jim

Jim,

I am not a naturalist, Jim.  I only used the Chesapeake Bay as an example, if
it happened overnight in eastern Maryland, it could have happened at the
Great Sea, or the Red Sea.  God can do what He wishes, when He wishes and as He
wishes.  And if we can't think like they thought then we'll never understand
their actions.

Doug Pickrel, Th.B., Th.M., Litt.D
Retired SBC, Pastor
Tejas Valley