Fwd: [b-hebrew] Re: g(r Psa. 106:9 - exorcism? (B. M. Rocine)

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Thu Dec 16 14:20:18 EST 2004

At 02:14 PM 12/16/2004, you wrote:

>Legends endure, and among the working cast and slaves Yam Soph really looked
>like the end of the world from where the sit.  Many thought of escape and the
>reply was always "That's the end of the world.'"  If you examine the southern
>shores of the Great Sea you will see a bay at the beginning of the Red Sea,
>many reeds grow there and it would be deep enough that God could have
>performed
>the miracle and drowned the Egyptians.  I lived near the Chesapeake Bay and
>one year in the 70's a great wind blew all the water out of the bay so
>that one
>could walk across.  Boats were docked on mud.  Three thousand five hundred
>years ago the Great Sea had a much different shape then now.

The problem with this naturalistic explanation, of course, is that the
author of Exodus makes it quite explicit that they walked across on dry
ground.  Dry ground, not mud.  The event can't be explained by similar
phenomena; Exodus makes sure of that.

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies