[b-hebrew] Re: The Exodus' mention in Egyptian Annals ?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Aug 30 08:53:06 EDT 2004

On 30/08/2004 13:28, Joe Baker wrote:

> Peter - Thanks for the correction on Rohl. I am well aware of his
> main  work but I did not know that he had recently corrected his
> obvious  error. My information about his timeline for dynasty 19 and
> 20 came  from his (now defunct) web-site. While this web-site is no
> longer  available directly the page can be retrieved using the
> archival  internet "wayback machine". This page is archived at
> http://web.archive.org/web/20010222202019/http://www.nunki.net/
> PerRenput/TimeLines/NCEgypt.html
> Here you will see that originally he had Setnakht dying in 866 BC
> with  Tausert acting as regent from 862 BC before becoming pharaoh and
> dying  in 855 BC - an impossible 11 years after Setnakht.

Thank you for this link, which helps me to understand some of Rohl's
thinking although it is obviously not his latest version. I see he takes
Rameses IV-VIII as successive co-regents of Rameses III, and Rameses XI
also as a co-regent - or perhaps a rival.

The main change from this link to "From Eden to Exile" seems to be a
compression of the late 19th dynasty, which is acheived mostly by
cutting out a separate reign for Seti II and making him a co-ruler with
Amenmesse. But this does seem to conflict a bit with Rohl's old "HD"
data (highest attested regnal year?)

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/