Hebrew month names, was [b-hebrew] Thera quote

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sun Aug 29 21:05:32 EDT 2004

Marianne:

True, the only month I’ve found named in Torah was )BYB [Exodus 13:4, 23:15, 34:18 Leviticus 2:14 Deuteronomy 16:1 ]. However, the month of ZW was mentioned in 1 Kings 6:1, )TNYM in 1 Kings 8:2 and BWL in 1 Kings 6:28 showing that the Hebrew months had names that were forgotten during the Babylonian Exile. That they were named shows that the names were in use.

Karl W. Randolph.