[b-hebrew] Thera quote

Michael Banyai Banyai at t-online.de
Sat Aug 28 10:22:00 EDT 2004

I regret having to corect myself, but a little erata was strictly necessary concerning the use of Maccabees 2.1.19:"And now keep the festival of the booths in the month of Chislev" Macc. 2, 1,9.

This statement is perfectly good to be corelated with the identification of 8-th of Abib at the summer solstice but can not be used for the purpose of determining the date as the hebrew calendar was introduced. So it got the wrong place in the argumentation even if it remains perfectly compatible with my reconstruction of the hebrew calendar.

Be so kind to accept my excuse for making this fault in my demonstration.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart