[b-hebrew] Shishak

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Sat Aug 28 06:33:11 EDT 2004

On 28/08/2004 01:46, MarianneLuban at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 8/27/2004 4:45:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>formoria at carolina.rr.com writes:
>

>>Now you're speaking of two different things. One can be correct yet
>>persuade noone. Cassandra, anyone? Being correct does not require a
>>consensus. Being correct requires only that one's arguments contain the
>>facts.
>>

>However, in science, if you persuade no one--then you are out of luck.

Actually, I would disagree. The point of science is to find the truth,
and publish it. If I persuade no one, then I suppose I get no more
funding, but if I was interested in public acclaim rather than the truth
I would go on the stage rather than into science.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/