[b-hebrew] Shishak

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Sat Aug 28 01:38:52 EDT 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 18:52, MarianneLuban at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/27/2004 4:56:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>
> dwashbur at nyx.net writes:
> > "Hebrew is Hebrew."  Would you say the same thing about
> > English?  Is modern American English the same as Middle English or
> > Anglo-Saxon English?  This is absurd
>
> They are still English.  And how come I can read the Torah in Hebrew for
> the most part when all I know is modern Hebrew?  Explain that.  If it's so
> different.

I have no idea whether you're reading with accurate comprehension, just
sounding out words, or blowing smoke.  I haven't seen you do much of anything
with Hebrew yet.  But it's obvious that any explanation that doesn't suit
your fancy isn't going to get a real hearing.  So I'm out of this.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur