[b-hebrew] Thera quote

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Fri Aug 27 14:29:50 EDT 2004

On 27/08/2004 18:18, MarianneLuban at aol.com wrote:

>>The primary document about the Exodus, the Book of Exodus itself (12:2,
>>13:4, 23:15, 34:18), gives a clear date in the 1st month Abib of the
>>Hebrew year, and the unbroken Pesach tradition places that in the spring
>>i.e. March-April, at the time when Pesach is still celebrated. The
>>calendar of 23:14-17 and its elaborations elsewhere in the Torah clearly
>>associate the Exodus with springtime.-
>>

>Peter, I hardly think that is a revelation--especially to the Jews here,
>which includes myself.  What is your point?

My point is very simple, that you were apparently ignoring the primary
evidence while bringing up some obscure secondary evidence. Of course
the primary evidence is well known, although its interpretation is
disputed as Michael has stated. But I didn't think it was really quite
so obvious to all that it didn't even need to be stated.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/