[b-hebrew] Hatshepsut's Inscription

Michael Banyai Banyai at t-online.de
Mon Aug 23 09:49:00 EDT 2004

Dear Marianne,

nobody has said on this list anything else:

Then she goes on to say something to the effect that now she
is on the throne,  the snake on her brow spitting fire at her enemies, she
has "banished the abomination of the gods"--meaning those Aamu.  No doubt about
it--she claims the credit.

It is clear Hatschepsut has expulsed/banished the Hyksos/Aamu population from Egypt. Should she have had done this following a succesfull military conflict she would not have omitted to boast so: I have crushed/vanquished/destroyed, etc. We all know the Egyptian propagandistic literature. It exploits even the smallest incident.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart