[b-hebrew] Yom Kippur

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Wed Aug 25 08:49:06 EDT 2004

EVERYWHERE, G-d stresses that we are not to practice Baal worship,
and even tells us to wipe them out of the land.  One of the things
they did was sacrifice of PEOPLE!

Shoshanna

HH: Do you really think that is what Amos and Jeremiah are doing. I
am flabbergasted. The law about sacrifices came from Sinai itself.
Your Tanakh turns into swiss cheese full of holes if you consider
sacrifice a foreign element that is false to true worship of Yahweh.

HH: I think Jer 7:22-23 speaks of what had priority. What did God
stress when He first brought the people out of Egypt? I don't think
Amos 5:25 is denying that they brought sacrifices, but saying that
while they may have done that, they also carried their idols along
with them.