[b-hebrew] Ark of the covenant

Michael Banyai Banyai at t-online.de
Sat Aug 21 17:02:00 EDT 2004

Dear Marianne,

 we are entirely sharing the same idea concerning the historicity of the exodus. As I see we just diferr about the concrete solution for this event, which we both conect with the eruption activity of the Theran vulcano. I am embracing the view that the exodus had to happen during the MBIIB-C as according also to Manning´s view this eruption hapenned. I found too literary references from this period most probably to be conected with the exodus. As a matter of fact, once one leaves aside the reference to an exodus 480 years before the building of the Jerusalem temple, are all chronological references in the biblical sources in favor of a high chronology. That is about 1622 BC.

Our divergence is a matter of detail, but anyhow involving more than 100 years discrepance. I consider one can not ignore the opinion of an expert in Aegean matters, as Manning, who says, Theran LBI is to be synchronised with Egyptian MBII and not with LB age.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael