[b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant

MarianneLuban at aol.com MarianneLuban at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 20:51:33 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/20/2004 2:33:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
peterkirk at qaya.org writes:

> >Does this come from some midrash--or what?  Just someone's imagination?
> >

> Maybe. But your imagination sometimes seems just as fertile as this one.

Excuse me but--how with your present knowledge of ancient Egypt are you in a
position to distinguish just what is my imagination and what is not?  This is
starting to become ad hominem mud-slinging--and has deteriorated to where it
no longer resembles a scholarly discussion.  Look--there are people here
discussing Biblical Hebrew.  I know Hebrew but have the humility not to contradict
anything said by them because I do not know the territory.  I am not their
equal in this area and must be content to read their posts and absorb what is
there.  Sure--I could jump right in and make them defend every one of their
assertions on some pretext or another--but what for?  Do you think it might be
possible for you to write with a little more humility when it comes to ancient
Egyptian matters?  Unless you believe you are my equal in scholarship in this
field.