[b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant

MarianneLuban at aol.com MarianneLuban at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 13:12:10 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/20/2004 5:15:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
peterkirk at qaya.org writes:

> Alternatively, we might consider the opinion of Kenneth Kitchen writing
> in the New Bible Dictionary (s.v. Potipherah): "Potiphera/P'-di-P'R` may
> be simply a modernization in Moses' time of the older form Didi-R`, with
> the same meaning, of a name-pattern (Didi-X) which is particularly
> common in the Middle Kingdom and Hyksos periods."

To this I can only say LOL.  I never heard of a "Didi" anybody.  And Kitchen
was wrong about the Egyptian name of Joseph, too--even though I foolishly
followed his lead in my book--and have now had to make the adjustment at

http://www.geocities.com/scribelist/addenda.html