[b-hebrew] Mishna on veil

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Fri Aug 20 03:50:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:19:13 +0300 Kimmo Huovila
<kimmo.huovila at helsinki.fi> writes:
> I am sorry for an off-topic question, butI have a vague memory that
> the Mishna
> refers to veils as a piece of clothing, but I cannot find the
> references.
> Could anyone help me out?
>
> Kimmo

I don't see that there has been any response to this yet.

In "The second division: Appointed times" it says

6:1 With what does a woman go out, and with what does she not go out?
.
.
.
6:6 A. She goes out with a sela coin on a bunion
B. Little girls go out with threads and ships in their ears.
C. Arabian women go out veiled.

Neusner, J. _The Mishnah:  A new translation_

george
gfsomsel