[b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant

Brian Roberts formoria at carolina.rr.com
Tue Aug 17 14:38:45 EDT 2004

I don't think anyone here doubts that the Ark of the Covenant
exemplified Egyptian influences in its design and form.

I think that, although it is fun to speculate regarding which Dynasty
influenced the Hebrews the most artistically, it's not very fruitful.
Personally, I don't think it will be so until we have a conclusive time
window for a mass Hebrew presence/exodus from Egypt. Until then, we can
suggest connections from the Early Bronze Age until the Persian period,
but what is the point?

Best Salaams,

Brian