[b-hebrew] Amalekites!

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Mon Aug 16 22:51:15 EDT 2004

To me it sounds as if he DID believe in the Divine origin plus its
correctness, since he said half of the information would probably be
wrong ONLY IF it were NOT Divine.

Shoshanna

A few years ago when Jacob Neuser was a visiting fellow here he claimed to
hold this position. It was given in answer to an accusation that he was a
fundamentalist. His answer was two fold. First he said that the label
fundamentalist was just an excuse on the part of the accuser not to listen
to him. That's an answer I agree with. But secondly he said that if the
Torah were not Divinely inspired then it is simply information probably
half of which is wrong. I wouldn't read too much into the half wrong
statement, but clearly he did not believe it was accurate in the way that
Shoshanna believes.