[b-hebrew] Amalekites!

Bill Rea bsr15 at cantsl.it.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Aug 16 17:51:39 EDT 2004

Peter asked:-

>But is there anyone who believes in the "Divine Origin" of the Torah but
>does not believe that it is accurate?

A few years ago when Jacob Neuser was a visiting fellow here he claimed to
hold this position. It was given in answer to an accusation that he was a
fundamentalist. His answer was two fold. First he said that the label
fundamentalist was just an excuse on the part of the accuser not to listen
to him. That's an answer I agree with. But secondly he said that if the
Torah were not Divinely inspired then it is simply information probably
half of which is wrong. I wouldn't read too much into the half wrong
statement, but clearly he did not believe it was accurate in the way that
Shoshanna believes.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail bill.rea at canterbury.ac.nz                                </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'