[b-hebrew] Lost wax casting Exo 32:4

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Aug 16 07:35:52 EDT 2004

On 16/08/2004 11:50, George F. Somsel wrote:

>... I doubt that the lost wax method would have been used.  I rather imagine
>that it would have been a sand cast (assuming it to be historical though
>I rather think it is a polemic against the Northern Kingdom.

What methods of casting etc were used for actually surviving golden cult
objects from Egypt, Palestine etc in the era in question? Presumably it
is possible to tell roughly what methods were used for example for the
Tutankhamun treasure, and for that matter for the golden funerary masks
of the third intermediate period Pharaohs if they might be more relevant.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/