[b-hebrew] Amalekites!

MarianneLuban at aol.com MarianneLuban at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 22:04:39 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/14/2004 6:52:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rosewalk at concentric.net writes:

> In my experience, it is only people who do not believe in the Divine
> Origin of the Torah that believe it is historically not accurate.

Then you have a lot of reading to catch up on--books by people who don't
address the "Divine Origin" of the Torah at all--but are still motivated to
vindicate its general accuracy.  And yet most of these still point out
inconsistencies and anachronisms.
They exist because the Torah was written by humans who can have lapses in
knowledge and make errors.  Believe me, whoever wrote, for example, that Joseph
had access to "silver money" was not guided by a higher power.