[b-hebrew] Amalekites!

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sat Aug 14 19:09:20 EDT 2004

Michael,

The problem with quoting Sanchiunaton via Philon of Byblos via Eusebius, is
that all we have of this so-called "Phoenician cosmogony" is a third-hand
account related by a Christian living Palestina and heavily influenced by
Jewish traditions. Assuming that Eusebius did have a real "Phoenician "
source, I would suspect that any similarity between what he tells us and
anything "biblical" is mostly wishful elaboration on Eusebius' part.

Yigal