[b-hebrew] Amalekites!

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Fri Aug 13 08:24:28 EDT 2004

Our Torah has been
revered for so many generations, I believe, not just because it
contains the Law
of Moses.  I think it goes beyond even that and that Jews even forgot why the
Torah is so holy and just assumed it must be on account of the Law.

That is not true at all.  Some Jews may have forgotten, but most of
the Jews I know, know without a doubt that the Torah (written and
oral) contains within it all knowledge, past present and future, and
that the law it contains is DAVKA for the purpose of connecting
ourselves with that holiness.

Shoshanna