[b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan mauros at iol.ie
Tue Aug 10 14:04:46 EDT 2004

At 16:05 10/08/2004, Dave Washburn wrote:

>Except for the free condensed edition in Logos' software, I never use it
>because it's too
>time-consuming to figure out where they put this or that word, especially
>nouns.

Dave:
It was for those very reasons that an early excursus in:
Seow, C.L``. A Grammar of Biblical Herbrew. Rev. Edn. Nashville: Abingdon,
1995.
is devoted to BDB, its organisation, and how best to use it.

Very helpful, AFAIR -- I just cannot put my hand on it at the moment.

Regards,

P.S
What you call the condensed edition of BDB -- other list members take note
-- is a facsimile edition, and very, very clunky to move through.

OTOH, what Logos call their  Enhanced edition -- originally produced in
2000, but significantly upgraded to match the Libronix system [ the file is
BDB.LBXLLS, date stamped August 14 2003 ] -- sidesteps all your problems by
linking directly to any word in any verse.

mauros at iol.ie