[b-hebrew] Hebrew plural

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Aug 10 01:15:32 EDT 2004

John:

I noticed that it is not uncommon for people who are in a superior status, such as master or lord, are often referred to in the plural when a single individual is meant. I first noticed it while reading through Deuteronomy, but it is found in other places as well.

I don’t think it is the royal plural, but I have no explanation for it.

Karl W. Randolph.